COVID-19 & Your Appointment
Thank you for trusting in Augusta Health Care for Women with your OB/GYN care. We are now seeing patients in both our Fishersville and Lexington locations. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made some changes to better protect you and our staff members.
- One symptom-free visitor is allowed in the following situations:
- Any pregnancy related visit and/or ultrasound
- Guardians accompanying a minor
- Certified Care Givers
- Sign Language Interpreters (all other interpreting needs will be met via telecommunications)
- Beginning August 1, 2021, we will be welcoming one symptom-free individual with each patient
- This visitor can be a spouse, a friend, a parent, or a child (no children under the age of 5 for ultrasound appointments)
- This policy will be in effect for both our OB and GYN patients
- The only exemption to this policy: Post Partum visits will be allowed one symptom-free individual and their newborn at the visit.
- All patients and visitors will be screened upon check-in, which may result in your appointment being rescheduled.
- Lobby check-in and seating is now available. Masks and Social Distancing of 6 feet required.
- Masks are required upon entrance to healthcare facilities for both vaccinated and unvaccinated patients/visitors.
- Centering will not be meeting until further notice.
- Birth Village will be held in-person every 3rd Wednesday in our Fishersville office front lobby from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. starting on 5/19/21.
Augusta Health has also incorporated new policies related to the Labor and Delivery unit. Please familiarize yourself with their policies and procedures prior to entering the hospital. You can find updated information at augustahealth.com/coronavirus.
Your Healthcare Team at Augusta Health Care for Women