Choosing an appropriate birth control method is among one of the most important decisions in family planning. Research indicates that a birth control method is most effective if a woman is comfortable and familiar with the method and understands the options available. We will be happy to discuss and review options for birth control at your well visit or birth control management office visit.
Currently recommended birth control options include:
- Condoms with spermicide
- Diaphragm with spermicide
- Birth Control Pills
- Vaginal Contraceptive Ring (NuvaRing)
- Contraceptive Patch
- Depo Provera, Injection every 3 months
Long-Term, Reversible Birth Control
These options are performed at our office.
- Nexplanon, 3 year contraceptive, placed in the arm
- Intra-Uterine Devices (IUDs) - Mirena, Sklya, Kyleena, Liletta, Paragard (Non-Hormonal)
- Bi-Lateral Tubal Ligation ("Tubal") - Considered permanent rather than reversible. Performed in the hospital.