Imagine... having two hours to spend with your health care provider at each visit.
Imagine... becoming friends with other expectant moms as you meet together for seven months.
Imagine... going for your prenatal check-up and beginning your appointment on time.
Imagine... learning to take better care of yourself and your family.
For your convenience, download and print the schedule for your Centering Pregnancy® group.
- January/February 2020 Due Dates
- March/April 2020 Due Dates
- May/June 2020 Due Dates
- July/August 2020 Due Dates
- September/October 2020 Due Dates
What is Centering Pregnancy® all About?
Centering Pregnancy® is an exciting way for women and their families to get prenatal care. Women spend more time with their health care provider and with other pregnant women, which gives them a chance to learn a lot more about pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting. Below are session outlines, however, information covered will vary based on the groups interest.
It's all about Groups
You will be in a group with other women whose due dates are close to yours. You will play an active role in your prenatal care by keeping track of weight gain and blood pressure. In each of your sessions, you have one-on-one time with your provider. Then, meet as a group to discuss questions and concerns.
It's all about Support
Centering Pregnancy is a valuable way for you and your partner to learn support techniques for labor and post delivery. Not only will you be supported by your health care provider, but you will build bonds with the other moms and grow a support system that could last a lifetime.
It's all about Time
You will receive a schedule of all the group times before you even begin. This makes it easy to arrange childcare or meet work obligations. You be together every month at first, then, as the birth of your baby approaches, you'll meet every two weeks.
It's all about Women
You will meet other expectant moms and have an opportunity to share stories and learn from one another. You will be able to talk about health issues that are important to you and all the things you're going through-physically and emotionally. You will learn to feel more empowered on your journey towards motherhood.
Below is session overview information; however, information covered will vary based on group interest.
- Session 1: Healthy Lifestyle Choices: Prenatal Testing, Nutrition, Size Your Servings, Food Diary
- Session 2: Body Changes in Pregnancy, Common Discomforts
- Session 3: Mental Relaxation, Breastfeeding My Baby
- Session 4: Thinking About My Family, Family Planning, Sexuality, PreTerm Labor
- Session 5: Labor, Birth Facility, Breating, Medications for Labor and Birth.: When To Call
- Session 6: The Birth Experience
- Session 7: The Newborn's First Days, Planning Pediatric Care, Caring for Your Baby - When to Call
- Session 8: Pregnancy to Parenting Transition, Kick Counts, Emotional Adjustments: Postpartum Depression, Pregnancy - When to Call
- Session Putting it all Together, Newborn Safety, Infant Massage, Newborn Care -The First Month: Home and Family Changes, Newborn - When to Call, Mom Postpartum- When to Call